Expressing Resilience through Art Competition
**Submissions are closed**
Welcome to the AICDF’s ‘Resilience through Art’ competition – we are so excited to see your incredible creative talents. We have created this challenge to showcase new and emerging talent in India and Australia and provide a platform where your work is recognized, appreciated, and supported.
Your submission can be in the form of:
- A video – maximum of 2 minutes long – where you speak about or perform a piece of your work relating to the theme of resilience.
- If you’re not comfortable in front of the camera or with voice recording you can submit a photo of your work with a 100-word caption addressing the theme. If you are submitting a poem or written work you can submit a one page document.
If you are a musician, you can create an original verse/ song to perform on video. For a painter, this may involve a “show and tell” where you explain the symbolism and inspiration of resilience and how that reflects in your artwork. Poets, instrumentalists, and artists alike can all partake in this opportunity to create a piece of work that materializes a historical piece in their lifetime, in the world’s history.
To help you get your creative juices flowing, we have come up with a couple of questions:
- What phrases, affirmations or mantras do you continue to tell yourself to ensure you are resilient?
- In such a destabilizing environment, who or what in your life provides you with stability?
- Resilience can also lean into persistence. What forces could you not ignore?
- 1st – $300
- 2nd – $200
- 3rd – $100
All three works will be featured on our blog and will be shared by our media partners through their social media channels.
Applications Open: 10th May 10am
Applications Close: 4th June 11:59pm AEST
Announcement of winners: June 24th on Instagram
Q: I am Indian, but I am not currently living in India (or Australia), can I still take part in the competition?
A: No, unfortunately, the competition is only open to those currently living in India or Australia.
Q: Can I submit an art piece that I created a year ago?
A: Yes – as long as it relates to the theme of resilience, and you must explain this in your video/written submission.
Q: Can I make more than one submission?
A: No, you can only make one submission. If you do submit multiple pieces, only the first will be considered.
**Submissions are closed – late submissions will not be accepted**